SUMMER COURSES 2017
HARDSTONE & GEMSTONE CARVING
Intensive 5–day workshop courses
Maximum 5 students per course
17 – 21 July 2017 - Now full
21– 25 August 2017 - Places still available
All equipment & stone provided in a spacious studio in Norfolk, 16 miles from Norwich, in quiet countryside. Absolute beginners as well as those with some experience are welcome.
Classes are small and friendly, with expert individual tuition. We have saws, grinders, carving spindles and micro motors as well as burrs, files & polishing pastes so that you can go from sawing a piece of rough stone to blocking it out, carving it and polishing the finished article all within a single week’s course. We work mostly with the hardstone chalcedony & quartz family, so you will be well prepared when you move on to more valuable gemstones. If trimming & drilling are what you want to achieve, rather than full carving, you are also welcome to attend.
Past students have found the week fulfilling and fun, learning new skills in a friendly, informal atmosphere – and taking home a finished piece made completely from scratch.
COST : £550
- Accommodation: B&B or AirBnB rooms can be found locally via the Internet but you will need a car, as we are 16 miles from Norwich, Hingham & Hardingham 2 miles, Dereham & Attleborough 7 miles, Wymondham 10 miles.
- Camping: you can camp on our land. There is a kitchen & loo in the small barn and showers can be taken in our house. To cover expenses (gas & electricity, mowing camping meadow) there is a charge of £25 for the week. We also provide a 5 metre tent as a sitting room for campers to socialize in, although the small barn is also useful for this.
- Transport: If students cannot come by car we will pick you up from either Attleborough or Norwich, and make sure you can get to a supermarket if camping. If more than one comes by train then they must organize to come together as the stations are 30 mins away.
- Deposit of £250 will secure a place.
July course deposit must be paid by 1st June.
August course deposit must be paid by 1st July.
Deposits - non refundable after these dates.
- Please email any questions you need answering to: email@example.com